Our culture is one that celebrates knowledge, success, and beauty. Not only does the combination of these three things make someone more attractive - the ‘total package,’ as some say - but they feed into one another. While unfortunate that our appearance can be the differentiating factor in what provides us with a new opportunity, it is not to say that we don’t want to put our best face forward for a wide variety of reasons. Putting your best face forward means doing what you can to look healthy, beautiful, and young. Lucky for you, it’s now easier than ever to achieve these aesthetic goals with the availability of Botox and fillers. Rosslyn Farms Dental Aesthetics - a leader in Botox and fillers - knows how important it is to look your best, which is why we’re here to provide you with a guide to perfecting your smile with Botox and fillers. We’ll begin by breaking down the difference between Botox and fillers, then explain how each treatment can provide a variety of smile solutions.
What’s the difference between Botox and fillers?
Confused About Botox and FIllers? Rosslyn Farms Dental Breaks it Down
Botox and fillers are frequently grouped together due to the locations on the body in which they are used and the fact that they yield similar youthful-looking results. However, the ways in which Botox and filler work and what they are made of varies greatly, and with this knowledge, it’s clear that both treatments have many more differences than they do similarities.
Botox is an injectable facial aesthetic treatment that uses botulinum toxin to freeze up specific muscles in your face and prevent the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. Botox is FDA-approved as a facial cosmetic treatment and has been FDA-approved for a number of medical applications as well. Because Botox freezes up the muscles that lead to fine lines and wrinkles, it’s popularly used as both an age-reducing agent and a preventative measure for the signs of aging on the face.
When it comes to fillers, Rosslyn Farms Dental Aesthetics typically sticks with Juvederm. Much like Botox, Juvederm is an injectable treatment that reduces the signs of aging on the face. However, fillers like Juvederm tackle aging in a different way. As we age, the natural plumping agent in our faces begins to degenerate and fade away, causing drooping, sagging, and loose skin. Juvederm is a filler that mimics the function of collagen in the skin, creating a full, youthful look on the face.
These treatments are both most commonly used on the face in nearly all regions. However, many people don’t realize how many different aspects of their smiles can benefit from Botox and fillers. Rosslyn Farms Dental Aesthetics wants you to know about all of these possibilities, which is why we’re here to break down specific smile concerns that can benefit from Botox and Juvederm.
Which aspects of my smile can Botox fix?
Tackle a Variety of Smile Issues with Botox from Rosslyn Farms Dental
When you choose Botox from Rosslyn Farms Dental Aesthetics, you have the ability to fix a number of smile insecurities. With a series of tiny injections, our experienced team will provide you with natural-looking results that freeze up your muscles to cause a number of smile issues, including:
- Dimpled chin: A dimpled chin appears as a series of small indentations or indentations on the chin and is caused by the mentalis muscle being overstimulated while smile or making a number of facial expressions. A series of injections can keep these dimples from forming and reduce wrinkling in the chin area.
- Lip lines: Sometimes referred to as smoker’s lines or lipstick lines, lip lines are vertical lines that form (primarily above) the lips. Caused by scrunching of the lips, it’s not just smokers who get lip lines. These lines can be reduced or prevented with a series of small injections around the mouth region.
- Smile Lift: Some people have a smile in which the corners of their mouths natural point downward. This can lead to an unwelcoming, harsh appearance (known by some as an RBF -- just google it). With Botox, users can turn that frown upside down subtlely with a smile lift that requires a few injections around the mouth.
- Marionette lines: Named for the similar appearance of the hinged jaw of a marionette doll, marionette lines are vertical lines that stem from the corners of the mouth to the jawline. They are caused by a drooping and sagging of the skin in the cheeks and chin, and can be fixed with Botox. Sometimes this treatment is combined with fillers. Rosslyn Farms helps make the call about which treatment (or a combination of the two) is right for your needs.
Which aspects of my smile can fillers fix?
When it comes to fillers, Rosslyn Farms Dental Aesthetics has you covered
An additional thing that separated Botox and fillers is the types of smile issues that they can fix. Instead of stopping your face from making the wrinkles to begin with, Juvederm fillers simply fill in the depleted collagen in the face to regain a natural-looking youthful look. Some areas of the smile that people often use fillers include:
- Lips: As a facial aesthetic treatment that is rapidly growing in popularity, lip injections are the way to keep your lips looking beautifully full and youthful. Lip injections with Juvederm fillers are available at Rosslyn Farms Dental to help you reach your aesthetic goals, cover a gummy smile, or improve facial symmetry in just a few small injections.
- Chin and Cheeks: Over time, the collagen in your chin and cheeks fades away, leading to drooping and loose skin. Juvederm fillers can be injected into these facial regions to provide natural fullness and lasting results that you can’t wait to show off.
- Nasolabial folds: Nasolabial folds are lines that begin just above the base of your nose and stem into your smile lines. As we age, these lines become more prominent and can become unsightly. Luckily, Juvederm injections can help reduce the appearance of nasolabial folds and make you feel beautiful.
Think it may be time to consider Botox or fillers? Rossyln Farms Dental Aesthetics is the team a quick call away that is ready to help you reach your smile goals.